Are you getting frustrated to find specific words on your browser? Then In this article, I will show you how to search for a word on a webpage chrome that could be from your competitor website or any other website.
Also, I will show easy steps to find targeted keyword whether you are ba a logger or content creator.
Before proceeding further I would like to make it clear that meta tags are not considered by Google Search so it's better that you stop spending time on it rather try to focus on a keyword that your competitor is ranking for.
Why meta tags are not valued by Google? Matt Cutts clarifies in the below video...
How to search for a word on a web page Chrome?
Easy way to find a keyword on the webpage is
- Open the website or blog you want to find words
- Click Ctrl + F if you are using Windows and Linux
- For Mac Command + F
- Type the keyword that you want to find on that blog
Closely observe the above image I have opened a website and I have typed keyword help anyone so the same is getting highlighted from the heading.
How To Find Keyword With Chrome Plugin
You can find most used words on any page with this extension Keyword Finder by Samirai and follow the below steps after you install this Chrome extension:
1. After you have installed visit the website on which you have to search for a keyword that it is ranking for.2. Click on K icon on the menu bar which opens the options
3. You have select all three options and let the minimum keyword length be 2
4. So from this plugin, you can see what are the frequently used keywords with numbers.Alternately you can see the highlighted words on the article (refer below image)
So you have learned two ways to search for a word on a page Chrome.
How To Search For A Word With The Mac Menu Bar?
- Open the website on which you want to find the word
- Click on search bar or hit Command +F
- Click on the menu bar and select Edit
4. Select Find This Page or you may just see Find option
How do you search for multiple words on a Web page?
- Go to Chrome plugins
- Search for "Multi highlighter" and choose the plugin (I am chosen Multi-Highlight chrome plugin offered by Alexius Lee to show how you can search for multiple words on a web page)
- Install the plugin and click on the icon (this should be on the top right-hand corner of your chrome screen)
- Open the website on which you wish to search for multiple words (you will see the search box in which you have to type the words to search)
5. You can type the words inside the box and you will the same will be highlighted on the website or article that you have landed. I have randomly typed a few words and the same is highlighted with different colors in the below image.
So whether you are a blogger or you are doing research on any topic you can use this technique and follow the easy steps on "how to search for a word on a webpage chrome".
In addition to the above steps, I will always try to see the heading of the article or website that I am reading because this gives me a clear idea of what keyword does the author has created the content.
So I will try to come with a new article explaining WordPress plugins that you can make use of to improve your SEO technique.